I am sure a lot of people shop on express.com , but I probably get the credits for being the first blogger to post that express.com has not been responding to DNS queries since ~7:00 PM CST (4/26). Looks like Qwest is hosting DNS for Express. The name servers (most probably global load balancers) are not responding to DNS requests.
Here’s what I get, when I queried for www.express.com
Nameserver trace for www.express.com:
- Looking for who is responsible for root zone and followed h.root-servers.net.
- Looking for who is responsible for com and followed h.gtld-servers.net.
- Looking for who is responsible for express.com and followed dca-ans-01.inet.qwest.net.
Nameservers for www.express.com:
- dca-ans-01.inet.qwest.net returned (NORECORDS)
- svl-ans-01.inet.qwest.net returned (NORECORDS)
I feel for the poor ops team scrambling around to bring up the service :). Another reason, you want diversity in your DNS hosting.