Avoiding Stupidity is Easier than Seeking Brilliance– Shane Parrish rewording Charlie Munger
Wisdom is turning your future hindsight into your current foresight– Shane Parrish
Yesterday (Nov 28, 2024), Charlie Munger passed away. Charlie is someone I learnt a lot from. Even though I never had the opportunity to hear him speak in person, his speeches and talks have played a profound influence on me. He was wicked smart, down-to-earth and brutally honest.
One my favorite quotes of Charlie is from his 2007 Commencement speech at USC. On choices in life, he said “Let me use a little inversion now. What will really fail in life? What do we want to avoid? Some answers are easy. For example, sloth and unreliability will fail. If you’re unreliable it doesn’t matter what your virtues are, you’re going to crater immediately. So, faithfully doing what you’ve engaged to do should be an automatic part of your conduct.”
You will be much missed Charlie :-(.. RIP.
Use “dG” command, if you want to delete all lines in a file starting from the line under the cursor in vi.
Additional commands to delete lines
- dd deletes the whole line under the cursor.
- xdd deletes multiple (x) lines, starting at the cursor. For example 10dd deletes 10 lines
- d$ deletes to the end of the line, starting at the cursor.
One can leverage the explosion of generative AI art engines to create your own clip art.
- Create an image in MidJourney (you can get free credits to create up to 200 images)
- You can add “clipart” to any image description to get good results
- Use Removebg to remove any background from the image. (500×500 pixel png images are free)
- enjoy 🙂
Here’s a clipart that I created using the prompt “moscow mule drink illustration, clipart”
Strategy without talent is helpless and talent without strategy is hopeless.Gary Burnison (CEO Korn Ferry)