Recipe for Goat soup (AKA known as Bokkala Pulusu in Telugu). Credit goes to Banda and his mom. This dish is mainly prepared in the Telangana region of the state of Andhra Pradesh. It is a spicy soup made from Goat meat with bones. Hence the name Bokkala Pulusu. Bokkala means bones and Pulusu means soup in Telugu.
- Goat Meat (with bones)
- Green Chilli
- Garam Masala
- Chilli powder
- Tamarind Paste
- Cut the meat into medium chunks. Don’t skin the meat from the bones. Let the meat cling onto the bones.
- Heat some oil in a skillet and gently roast the cloves, cinnamon and cardamoms after crushing them.
- After a minute, add the sliced onions and half cut green chilli.
- When the onions turn golden, add the meat and gently turn it around until it becomes light pink.
- Sprinkle some turmeric and add salt, chilli powder (according to your taste).
- Let the meat cook for another 3-4 minutes and add garam masala.
- Add plenty of water (should be at least 2 inches about the level of the meat) and the tamarind paste.
- Let the meat cook for at least 1 hour on medium flame.
- Serve hot with white rice..
Cinnamon, Cloves & Â Cardamoms
Onions & Chilli
All mixed together..
Served with a bunch of other dishes 🙂