A quick collection of tools you can use to serve/publish content/applications on your local dev to the Interwebs. Some use cases for these types of tools..
- Developed a static website and want to show it someone that is not right next to you.
- Developed an API that you want an app or user to access from the web
List of tools:
- https://ngrok.com/ : Most popular tool for this purpose. the free tier is enough for most use cases.
- https://tunnelto.dev/ : Latest entrant in this space. In addition to have a paid hosted service, you can run this for free on your own server. But that defeats the pupose of having a tool to use in a pinch to share content :).
- http://pagekite.net/ : Been around for 10+ years. Similar to tunnelto.dev, you can run this on you own server or pay (very nominal price) for the hosted service.