For my records..
- ARI : Availability Rate Inventory. Any transaction that is querying/updating these three items is terms as ARI updates.
- REVPAR : Revenue Per Available Room. This is the revenue the hotel makes per room in the hotel.
- Total Pricing : The total price a customer has to pay to book a room in a hotel. It kinda sounds obvious..but when you understand that the total price depends on
- The price the hotel wants to charge (which again depends on who is selling the room)
- The tax at the city/state level
- The price of additions (services like Internet access, breakfast etc)
- Commission of the middleman.
It becomes a big deal .